Growing up I was surrounded by allergens from cigarette smoke to dog hair. I also had my fair share of sugar in my diet! I was sick most Springs and Summers through adulthood. It often led to a very croaky deep voice and bronchitis or sinus infections, which meant I needed antibiotics at least once a year. I also decided to use Flonase to prevent these seasonal discomforts. Well, not anymore!!
Here are the changes that I made in my household and in my body so I don't need pharmaceuticals and I don't get sick anymore.
- I eat right (most of the time). I reduce sugar, processed foods, and dairy. I eat raw honey and foods rich in Vitamin C.
- I take supplements. I take a high quality probiotic, digestive enzymes, drink an antioxidant juice, spray my throat with Thieves, and Inner Defense. (Shop here)
- I clean the air in my home. I have an air purifier, plants that clean the the air. I dust somewhat regularly and diffuse Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint. Buy it on Amazon
- I keep my nasal passages clean. I use an all natural nasal spray and neti pot.Buy it on Amazon
- I do facial yoga, massage, and breathing. Here is a video of Lion breath and Alternate nostril breathing.
I hope you can find some relief from any of these ways to manage seasonal discomfort.