I've never liked the idea of dieting, buying low fat, or putting some sort of metabolism boosting pill in my body. But, after 2 kids and realizing that I needed to do something differently besides exercise more, I was attracted towards Intermittent Fasting. My yoga teacher and mentor had been posting about her journey on Facebook and she inspired me to try it. I began January 2019. Read to the end to find all the resources that I used on my journey.
Here are the WHYs:
- What I love--There is no guilt for eating at parties, holidays, drinks with friends or dessert just go back to your schedule the next day.
- I can be flexible with my schedule--There are always changes throughout the week whether it's work, brunch, dinner parties, birthday parties, etc.
- Fasting helps with my blood sugar levels--no more hangryness. I was known for this growing up--hell, into adulthood too!
- I sleep better--I notice a difference when I slip up or want to have a late night drink or party.
- My anxiety is better and that's probably because my blood sugar is more level. I don't use sweetener or eat carbs in the morning. And strive to just eat them once per day.
- Fasting helps me to make better choices with the food that I do put into my body during my eating window. See below from Dr. Jockers about an anti-inflammatory diet. I strive to eat as healthy as I can and love so many of these foods, but life gets so busy sometimes and I just love to have special treats here and there. Ningxia Red antioxidant juice ensures that my body gets what it needs even when I'm busy or not making the best choices!
An anti-inflammatory diet should include these foods:
- olive oil
- green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, kale, and collards
- nuts like almonds and walnuts
- fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines
- fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges
Once the body is properly trained, most people are able to easily do a 16-18 hour fast everyday. The easiest way to do this is by missing breakfast to extend the overnight fast. Have a light lunch or mid-afternoon snack and then a large dinner. For many, they feel so great doing this that they choose to never go back to eating any differently. If you prefer to eat breakfast and lunch and fast through dinner that works great as well!
WANT TO LEARN MORE about Fasting?
Are you ready to take a step towards a healthier lifestyle? I can help!
Get started today! I made this super affordable!
Or Check out these more in depth options: